When we discuss with each other about what the most profitable niche for blogging is, I feel like it is vital for me to tell you straight off the bat that the actual niche that you pick won’t be the determining factor as to how successful your blog will be!
I am a firm believer that there is no true answer to ‘what is the most profitable niche for blogging?’ because I think that any blog from any niche can be profitable, so long as you have a) a good marketing strategy and b) enough determination to make it work.
Plus, it definitely helps if you have passion for the subject. For example, if you really want to start a successful blog, you should ideally find a genuine joy and interest in your blog’s niche.
If you are just pumping out content on a topic that you can’t stand just because it falls under one of the ‘most profitable blog niches’, you will likely burn out and give up before your blog even really has a chance to take off!
BUTTTTT before you get started, I’ve created a few amazing FREEBIES that will help you start a money making blog in no time. This eBook (and an assortment of workbooks included!) will help guide you in creating a profitable blog business in easy-to-achieve steps. You’ve got no excuse! So grab your ultimate blueprint to starting a money making blog by clicking the image below!
Is Making Money From a Blog of Any Niche Possible?
Making money from a blog is possible, regardless of the niche that you pick. So, even if your blogging niche isn’t one of the stereotypically ‘most profitable blog niches’, even if there is only a small audience, if it is a topic that moves you in more ways than hearing the ‘cha-ching!’, don’t write it off just yet!
However, with that being said, in general, if you choose the most profitable niche for blogging, you should definitely have an easier time making money from a blog compared to if you chose a niche that very few others have interest in.
So, for the purpose of today’s blog post, I will be covering 6 of the most profitable blog niches out there right now.
And if you just happen to be in love with any of the blog niche ideas and you believe that you will continue to stay passionate about them, then friend, you’ve got yourself a money making winner!
The 6 Most Profitable Blog Niches – A List of the Best Blog Niche Ideas
Here is a list of blog niche ideas that have proven themselves to be some of the most profitable blog niches in the industry!
1. Parenting/Mommy Blogs
It shouldn’t be of any surprise that parenting is one of the most profitable niches for blogging. After all, how many parents out there do you see lapping out all those parenting self-help books in the bookstore, scouring the net for baby clothes and children’s toys? There are literally hundreds of thousands of products for both babies/children and parents alike!
I was at my brother’s house the other day, and I could see how in love my sister-in-law was with my baby nephew. She even went on the proclaim ‘Every time I look at his face I fall in love with him! He is so cute!’
The majority of parents love their babies and kids more than anything else in the world, so it makes perfect sense that a parenting/mommy blog with useful tips and tricks will be a big hit if you can give a fresh new spin to it.
How to Make Money From a Mommy Blog
- Create downloadable products – Moms love to have nifty little downloads that they can keep readily on hand to help organize their busy life. So this is definitely a great monetization opportunity that your blog can take!
- Create blog posts on your favourite products – Find out whether or not your favourite products have an affiliate product, and if so, create a tutorial with a lot of helpful information on it and recommend it to your readers!
With the world going in the direction of ‘healthy living’ it makes perfect sense that a blog on health and wellness would be a massive hit.
Health, wellness and fitness is a subject that would appeal to a large chunk of the population, thus making it a great blog topic to appeal to a wide audience.
There was a period of time when I ran a blog about health – and it was actually quite profitable.
I wouldn’t boast about being an expert on this niche, nor do I believe that my blogging income from health and fitness is anything near amazing, but I did manage to earn five figures within a few months, which was pretty great considering I was still in high school at the time.
The main ways I earned income from my health and fitness blog was through eBook sales and affiliate marketing.
I have no doubt that there are plenty of other monetization routes when it comes to this niche, but, like I mentioned earlier, if you begin a blog niche solely because you think it will be profitable, and it isn’t something that you are genuinely passionate about, your business will eventually flop due to your lack of zeal. I speak from personal experience!
How to Make Money From a Health Blog
- Give a review/tutorial on your favourite products – provide your readers with some useful content about a certain product and in turn, use your blog post as the platform for your affiliate marketing endeavour
- Create an eBook of your own – I know for a fact that people LOVE buying eBooks on health i.e. weight loss eBooks, healthy eating eBooks etc. etc. so, use this great monetization route to make money blogging!
- Create a members only section – There are heaps of members only health and fitness blogs that offer ‘special’ content reserved specifically for those who pay a certain monthly fee. Treat this monetization option like an ‘online gym membership’ that people get!
3. Personal Finance
Some personal finance sites teach you how to save money via living frugally while other personal finance blogs show you how to make money by investing wisely and taking up side hustles.
Making Sense of Cents by Michelle Gardner is one of the largest and most popular personal finance blogs out there and a large chunk of her blogging income each month comes from affiliate marketing and the courses that she sells online.
People are always interested in saving money and because this is an evergreen topic (one of the few blog niche ideas that won’t die out over time), it is definitely a great niche to consider if this is something that you can see yourself giving great advice to others on.
I personally find this niche to be super interesting – but I think I lack the necessary willpower to live super frugally!
How to Make Money with a Personal Finance Blog
- Recommend your favourite money saving methods – give a tutorial on which tools you use to save money and how your readers can use them too! Use this method as a means of earning money through affiliate marketing.
- Create some digital downloadable products – if you go to Etsy, you will see that there is a massive demand for digital downloadable sheets/organizers/planners etc. For inspiration, check out Just a Girl and Her Blog by Abby Lawson. The majority of her blogging income comes from her digital downloads!
I am sure that you have seen videos or read blog posts of travel bloggers and perhaps a twinge of jealousy seeped into your heart when you saw how amazing it must be to make money travelling!
I mean seriously, how is it fair that one of the most profitable blog niches is also one of the most fun?
If you are a frequent traveller, why not begin making money from a blog by creating travel blog posts that depict the amazing adventures that you go on?
However, be aware the most travel bloggers actually make money from a blog via paid sponsorships more than anything else.
While paid sponsorships are usually quite limiting as to their money making potential, travel blogs are typically the exception (if your traffic is high enough!).
How to Make Money From a Travel Blog
- Write reviews – create a review for flights, hotels, restaurants etc. and make money through affiliate commissions with Booking.com or Skyscanner
- Recommend products – do you have a favourite go to suitcase or travel outfit you love? Write a blog post on your favourite products you use when you go travelling and make some affiliate income!
- Paid sponsorships – focus on growing your audience and approach some companies and ask whether or not they would like to partner up with you.
A great travel blogger I recommend checking out is Nomadic Matt. He monetizes his site through his online shop, affiliate marketing, offering online courses and so much more!
Technology is ever evolving.
I mean I still remember the days back when I was in school where Tamagotchis were all the rage. But now, with fancy Xboxes and all this crazy new technology, it really feels like we are entering in the ‘tech’ era.
From electronic gadgets to web design and everything else in between, there is so many things in this niche that you can cover/specialize in.
While there are so many tech bloggers out there, the number of people searching for tech-related blog posts are growing.
After all, with new technology being pumped out each day, it makes perfect sense that more and more people are being consumed by their technological needs! PLUS, customers are usually not shy about spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on the latest tech because they just HAVE TO HAVE IT.
How to Make Money From a Tech Blog
- Review the latest apps/gadgets – see if these apps/gadgets have an affiliate program and make money through writing a review of it on your blog
- Display ads of the latest tech on your website – typically I believe that making money off ads can be quite limiting, but when it comes to tech, I definitely think that it has a greater earning potential!
- Write a how to guide – there are so many people out there that aren’t tech savvy (my parents for one!) and so, if you create a how to guide teaching tech-novices how to use a certain gadget/solve a tech issue, not only will you be a Godsend to them, but you can use your blog post as a means to sneak in some crafty affiliate marketing!
6. How to Make Money
The best blog niche for last right? 😉
There is a lot of debate about whether ‘how to make money’ is the most profitable niche for blogging, but while there is no direct answer, blogging about this niche is a great way to begin making money from a blog.
But the thing about this niche is that you really shouldn’t be blogging about it until you have at least had some experience showing that you have made money before.
With so many bloggers jumping into the ‘how to make money’ bandwagon, it isn’t surprising that there have been many that have tried and failed.
CuratedByMichelle.com is a ‘how to make money’ blog. I have had approximately 8 years worth of experience making money online, but the way I would like to approach this blog is a) sharing what I already know and b) treating this blog like a diary that chronicles every new thing that I try and whether it worked out for me or what I would do differently next time.
How to Make Money From a ‘How to Make Money’ Blog
- Write lengthy blog posts/tutorials – by teaching your readers something and providing them with value, they will be more likely to listen to your product recommendations. So, if you want to make money through affiliate marketing, this is definitely a great way to do so!
- Create an online course – some bloggers in this niche like ByRegina and Mariah Coz offer online courses that teaches others their tips and tricks on how to make money. Online courses seem to really be taking off recently, so it’s definitely a monetization route to consider!
- Sell templates/other digital downloads – make the lives of your readers easier by selling your premade templates because others who might want to learn how to make money from you probably don’t want to spend days creating it themselves!
How to Start a Blog that Makes Money…
- Self host your WordPress blog
- Purchase hosting – Get 65% off your hosting here
- Install a blog theme. I recommend BluChic, they offer gorgeous WordPress themes for female entrepreneurs.
- Install FREE plugins like JetPack and WooCommerce
- Create great blog content with a great money making strategy
- Strategize your affiliate marketing approach and join affiliate programs!
- Market your content hard out!
ANDDDDD, this is your last chance to grab your FREE eBook on How to Start a Money Making Blog! So, click the image below to get your exclusive copy sent straight to your inbox!
The 6 Most Profitable Blog Niches – A List of the Best Blog Niche Ideas that Make Money
Congratulations for making it through this guide, The 6 Most Profitable Blog Niches.
Even though it is totally possible to be making money from a blog of any niche, there are definitely some blog niches that make money more easily than others.
What do you think the most profitable niche for blogging is?
Do you have any other blog niche ideas that are profitable?
Drop a comment in the section below and let’s get chatting!